Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Like a Ton of Bricks

It just hit me today that my life will never be the same ever again. Between a full-time job, having our own home, living with a puppy and everything else, I will always be "busy." It hit me today when I was thinking it'd been a while since I wrote a blog post and I said to myself, "Well, I've just been so busy." But when I look back over the past week or so, I've been noticeably less busy that I've been for the past several months. So this feeling of being busy just isn't going to go away and it's only going to be compounded from here on out.


So this means my life needs to be much more organized. I said in my monthly goals for this month that I want to come up with a plan to keep the house clean and I've been working on that. It involves breaking chores and/or rooms down to a daily cleaning schedule. This way I'm not forced to have one of those days where I have to clean the house from top to bottom and it'll be fully cleaned every week. It sounds so simple and would actually make my life easier, however, it's been quite difficult to get this thing going. I just feel so unmotivated to jump into cleaning mode, even if it's just a room, right after I get off from work and I've been up since early, early morning. Perhaps it also has to do with the fact that the kitchen is constantly a mess. This comes just from continuous use: cleaning it, cooking in it, cleaning again, cooking again. Since the kitchen needs to be cleaned before using it again, that's always a chore and doing more beyond that seems like a bigger deal. But I suppose it's just going to have to take a little time to get into the groove and make it into a habit.


So as I sit here realizing all of this, I also realize how much I have to do around here, tonight. The kitchen is calling! Busy, busy, busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.