Friday, April 1, 2011

Alluring April

I really can't believe it's already April. The first quarter of this year has already flown by and here we are in Spring once again. Looking back a year, I see how far I've come already. This time last year, I spent four days in the hospital and had to undergo a minor surgical procedure. This time last year, Jarrod and I were supposed to be closing on our first home, but at the last minute the bank found some issue with our loan (that we'd had lined up for weeks, yet somehow a couple of days before closing there was suddenly a "problem") and we had to push back to closing date. This time last year, wedding planning was in full swing and we were actually supposed to be taking our engagement pictures before my last minute stint in the hospital. 


I look back and I'm so thankful with where I am today. I don't know things totally under control heath-wise, but I'm not anticipating any hospital time in the near future. We've been home-owners for nearly a full year now, and enjoying being part of the "real world" and learning what it really takes to do that. And while I do miss the excitement of preparing for the wedding, I'm enjoying the after-effects even more.


So here's to this April starting off better than last year's and enjoying the Spring for what it is: a time of rebirth and renewal and a beautiful representation of the life that comes after death.


This April is going to be very busy. We have wedding showers and bachelor/bachelorette parties every weekend except Easter weekend. 


So here's the plan
-Go shopping for a writing desk, so I can have a place to do some work!
-Enjoy having my husband back on the day shift and actually have some time to see each other on week days. So excited!
-I'm in the process of getting things finished up on bachelorette planning, so gotta wrap things up there.
-Help give my beautiful friend Emily a fabulous send off into marriage!




Last month's goals
-Keep honing the budget, because I think I can get it even better than it is now. I'm still working on it. I've found that it's somewhat a trial-and-error procedure, trying to cut back in different areas. And I'm realizing more and more that all of those "extra expenses" each month aren't going away... there's always something
-Get plans nailed down for my sister's bachelorette and wedding shower. See above
-Find some time to relax, because starting at the end of the month, just about every weekend is booked through the summer. Ehh, I guess I did alright here. I didn't relax as much as I'd have liked, but I did try!
-Turn 25 with dignity and grace... and a fabulous celebration! And thanks to everyone who made it so lovely.
-Drive 11 hours to Florida to visit the most awesome cousins! Such an amazing trip! See Sarasota Dreamin' for more on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.