Thursday, July 7, 2011

This schedule is cutting into my blogging time

So I'm a week into my "normal person" schedule and still have another week yet. And I'm not gonna lie... it's been a little difficult getting used to it. As I'm sure everyone is aware, my usual 4am start time is not ideal. But now that I'm used to it, I have a bit of a hard time getting off of it.

Even though I'm starting 3 hours later than usual, by the time noon hits, I still get that automatic feeling that it's time to go home, making those final hours incredibly long. But the real difficult part is having so much less time in the afternoon. Usually I have plenty of time to run my errands, get home, watch a little TV or even take a tap, do some cleaning and have dinner on the table by the time Jarrod gets home. When I'm on this schedule, I feel that I'm so rushed for time. I had to run to the store today, and by the time I was done, I had about half an hour before Jarrod would be home. I tried to get in a quick nap (because another difficult part of switching schedules is being extra tired merely because your normal routine is mixed up) but hardly drifted off before he was home.

So needless to say, my blogging time has taken a hit! I should actually be getting ready for bed now to try and make up some sleep, but I figured I'd rather make the time for writing now. But don't get me wrong. I'd much rather have a normal schedule than the super early morning one I'm on now, but when I do finally get to do that, I am going to miss some of the freedom allowed with going into work so early. So for now, I'll try to appreciate this time that I have where I get to drive into work when the sun is actually up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.