Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Wow, I'm starting off the month a little behind. But it's OK, we'll use today as a 4th of July/monthly goals day instead. I honestly can't believe this year is already half over. And even more so, I can't believe that my first anniversary is coming up in less than three weeks! I am so excited. Jarrod and I have both taken a week off and are going to spend it at the beach... RELAXING.

Several things have come with the changing of the month... the end of our wedding frenzy after Beka and Nate's wedding; a "normal person" schedule for me, where I don't have to be at work before the sun comes up (only temporary due to some vacation time, but I'll take it!); my own vacation time, as I mentioned before; and a new project that my best friend Reagan and I are working on together (...details forthcoming). I'm looking forward to what this month holds.

And of course, I'd be remiss not to mention what a great day this is in the history of our country. It's a day to remember of all of those men/women who over 200 years ago sacrificed so much so we could have the freedom we enjoy today and to think of those today who continue to project that freedom. I know things are far from perfect here and some rights and freedoms have been infringed upon and others relaxed, but I'm still proud as ever to live in this country.

So on to the goals:
  • Get things moving on this project with Rea
  • I've been working on changing some of my lifestyle and eating habits (I'll post something on this later in the week), so I really want to stick to them this month.
  • Celebrate the most amazing year of my life with the most amazing guy in the world!

 And from last month: 

  • So that's the major goal for this month is taking care of everything involved in that.
    • host a fabulous bachelorette weekend extravaganza!
    • write a great toast
    • stand next to the best big sister ever as she marries a great guy
    • there are a million of other things, but I won't list them all here
  • Find a good balance between spending time with the hubby, getting enough sleep and making time for writing. mmm... still working on this one



  • 1 comment:

    1. Hate to say it.. but you need that writing desk :] just find a corner for it, any corner... i heard the writing just takes over anyways!

      ReplyDelete

    Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.