Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm in a glass case of emotion!

I said before that I don't want to do whiny, feeling-sorry-for-myself kind of posts... but I've had a rough couple of days!

First of all, Jarrod has been gone all week. He was gone over the weekend hunting and then left Monday morning for Florida for a work trip. He's been there for the past three days and comes back tomorrow. It's rough enough not having him around. It's just pretty boring. I guess I should be used to it. When we were on opposite shifts it really was no different, except he was there when I woke up in the morning... albeit, asleep. But still, I don't like it when he's not around.

Then, yesterday, I made a bit of a misstep and ended up with a sprained ankle. It wasn't so bad at the time, but last night it woke me up because it was hurting so bad and I haven't been able to walk on it all day. I'm sure I was quite a spectacle this morning as I was hopping around on one leg. Thankfully I have great parents and parents-in-law who bring me over crutches and take care of my dog and clean up my messy house since I was having problems putting anything away.

So of all days when I really needed someone here, I've been all by myself... which has made me pretty emotional. I'm not even sure how many times I've cried in the past 24 hours. I've cried because I've been alone... I've cried because my foot hurt... I've cried because my dad cleaned my house while I was at my appointment... I feel like I'm going to cry right now just writing this. I don't know why I'm so emotional. I'm really not much of a crier. But I've got another day off and hopefully that'll be what I need to get back on my feet (no pun intended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.