Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thank God for fresh starts

"Your mercies are new every morning, So let me wake with the dawn"
-Nichole Nordeman, "Mercies New"

I'm so glad there are such things as second chances in this life... even though I know sometimes I could really use a do-over button. But that's what each morning brings: a new day, another chance to make up for yesterday.

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had in a long time. I felt that others were putting blame on me for things I couldn't change and spent the day feeling down and feeling pretty much like a failure. On top of that. I don't like the way I reacted. I retreated and sought comfort in places I shouldn't have and I'm still feeling the effects of it now.

But today, I have another shot at it, another chance to get it right. I woke up feeling pretty lousy and seriously considered staying home today, but I'm not going to let that hold me back. It's a new day and I don't want to waste another one like I did yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're starting fresh today. You are great. :) I miss you and I like reading about your life.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.