Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Defying Gravity

I can't believe another month has already come and gone. And before we know it it'll be another month and another year. And at the end of that, I hope we'll all be proud of what we've done and have become. I'm very reflective at the moment because I know this month is going to bring some changes. I'm right on the edge, preparing to jump into whatever the rest of my life will hold and I'm excited... and a little anxious... and a little scared.

I know I'm where I'm supposed to be, but that doesn't mean that a little unsurity doesn't creep in every now and then. Big things are coming. I've got a colonoscopy coming up soon which will help determine the future of my treatment. I have the writing class in a few weeks, which makes me kind of nervous. But I'm glad for the excitement. I feel like I've been playing it safe for a while and now I'm taking charge.

I'm not posting any goals this month. Trust me, I have some and I'll post updates on anything I get accomplished. But for now, it's time to take that leap... and see where I land.

Something has changed within me, Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing, Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts, Close my eyes and leap.
It's time to try Defying gravity
I think I'll try Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!
-Wicked

4 comments:

  1. Love you Steph. Praying for you & your treatments! Love that you quoted Wicked too - such an inspiring song! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin, 5, and Ryan, 3. The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake. Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson. If Jesus were sitting here, He would say, "Let my brother have the first pancake. I can wait."Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been examinating out many of your articles and i can state nice stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog. download flash video recorder

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.