Tuesday, February 7, 2012

For my big sis

I wanted to write a special post for my sister's birthday, but I was out of town with no computer access for the actual day. So I'm a few days behind, but as the cliche goes... "better late, than never."

Anyone who has a big sister knows what an inspiration they are in your life, and that's definitely what Beka has been to me. I've found myself at various points in my life where I'll look to her and her life for wisdom on what to do. And I'm always asking for her advice.

Beka's the type of person who really would do anything for you. You need somebody at 3:00 in the morning and she'd be there. If you need somebody just to vent to on the phone, she's there to listen.

She is such a strong woman and has been through some things that I can't even imagine, but she always handles them with such grace. She's one of those people who truly can make the best of something where others may fall apart. When the economy went downhill and her company closed, she started her own design firm and now has created a successful business in the midst of a recession. I mean, who does that??

Not gonna lie, I'm a little envious of her life. She's constantly surrounded by such beauty, not only from within but also in the things she does. I wish I was as good as she is at taking something mundane and turning it in to something beautiful.

So, Beka, I love you. Thanks for being the best big sister ever! And I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.