Sunday, February 19, 2012

The end of... something

Today is my final day of eating a "normal" diet. I start the Specific Carbohydrate Diet in the morning. I spent a good bit of the day cooking with my parents, getting prepared for this next step. I've got soup on the stove, "jello" in the fridge and some eggs and beef ready to be eaten.

I'm definitely a little nervous. This is a big change, but I'm working hard to be prepared. The foods listed above are what will constitute my diet for the next several days. Depending on how that goes, I'll soon start adding in some new veggies and meats and eventually fruits and nuts.

I'll update how the first days go and post some good recipes I come across. This is the end of this part of my life, but beginning of something bigger. I'm really looking forward to feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and thinking about you. Definitely keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.