Thursday, March 1, 2012

March on

Wow, March, you snuck up on me and I almost let you pass without putting a little something new on the blog. I completely forgot that today was March 1. But I'm going to be honest, when you're not dealing with the usual going-to-work-every-day-routine, you completely lose track of what day it is. I'm constantly having to check my calendar to make sure I don't miss any appointments or other things I have planned.

March is a great time of year. First of all, it means that my birthday is only a week away! Yea! However, this year is going to be a little different since I've been doing this diet. Usually we'd all go out to eat somewhere and have cake or ice cream or something, but I'm not sure what it's going to mean this year. I'm expecting my shipment of almond flour tomorrow, so I'll have to experiment some... even if it means I have to make my own cake.

And another reason I love March is it means spring is near! In just a few short weeks, winter will be over and the warm weather will be moving back in (even though, it never really left this year... it was like 80-degrees today!)

For me this year, it continues to mean change. As I mentioned before, I'm in my second week on this diet. It takes a lot of dedication and experimentation, so I'm learning what works and what doesn't. I'm hoping to continue to learn and continue to feel better every day! Doing this diet has brought up thoughts about the rest of my health, as well. I'm realizing more and more that I don't take proper care of my body. I don't drink enough water, take the right vitamins (etc.), get enough exercise. These are things I really need to focus on. I don't just want health for my digestive tract. I want health for my entire body. Oh, but these goals are so hard to keep!! I'm hoping once I'm back on a set schedule, to have the motivation to get some stuff going in the mornings before work.

My writing class starts in just about 10 days. I'm so excited and a little freaked out that the same time. I haven't had a class in 4 years. Plus, writing has always been one of those things I've dreamed of doing... I think there's a little part of me that worries whether or not I'll be any good at it. I've been reading a writing book lately. It's already been enlightening. I hope to finish it by the time this class starts.

Finally, I've been enjoying this time off, but it's time for me to head back to work. While I do think I can handle the whole unemployed thing (I know some people go stir-crazy), I enjoy having that structure and balance in my life. I've got a couple of opportunities out there right now, so I'm praying for wisdom in figuring out what's going to be best for me and for Jarrod.

So to summarize for this month...

-Settle in on this diet, learning more about cooking and figuring out the best way to stay on top of it all.
-Take better care of my overall health: need to work on a plan for better exercising, drinking more water, and taking all of the vitamins I need.
-Attend my writing class (and enjoy it!) and finish my book.
-Start a new job and get back to a normal routine.
-Finish my "window project" that I've been putting off recently.
-Turn 26 and enjoy another birthday and another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.