Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas! ...a little early

I hate that I haven't written in a few days because I've had lots to write about! But it's been a busy weekend and even when I had some down time I wasn't feeling that great and tried to get some rest when I could. I've been feeling better today and ready to get back at it and get everything done that needs to get done this week!

But first, some fun stuff from this weekend. My bestest friend Rea and I went out to the Raleigh Christmas Parade. I have not been to the parade... well actually, I'm not sure that I've ever "been" to the parade. When I danced as a kid we used to perform in the parade, so we took part in that every year, but I've never attended the parade myself. So unless I went as a very little kid, this was my first time.

We got there about an hour early and the streets were already pretty packed. But we found a nice spot on Hillsborough right on the front of the curb where we hunkered down. It was actually really nice having that time before the parade started and before it got too crowded. We had such a good time talking. Reagan inspires me more than probably any other person I know. She makes me want to go after my dreams. I get so caught up in life that I forget about these things that I really want to do and she always reminds me. I love having her around. Maybe I'll actually accomplish something now that she's back!


The parade itself was wonderful! It was so fun watching everyone go by and seeing all the floats and participants. I've got lots of pictures! Coming up in a few... The only downside was my stomach started bothering me about half-way through the parade. I can deal with my Crohn's on any given day. But when it starts making me feel like I can't do stuff, that's when I really start getting upset. And I started having thoughts of, "maybe I shouldn't have come," and that really gets to me. I guess it just makes me want to beat this even more.

Well back to the parade. It was the most perfect day! A little chilly so that you had to bundle up in a scarf and blanket, but not freezing so that you're miserable. It was just what you'd want to see a Christmas parade because who wants to get into the holiday spirit in 70-degree weather??

So by the way, there was this adorable little kid that was sitting next to us and I creepily took a picture of him. Please don't think less of me.



Well, I have to say the horses may be my favorite part of the parade. They're so beautiful and make me want to go horseback riding again. Although, I will admit, they kind of stink up the place. Gotta love the guys with shovels and wheelbarrows following along behind them.


And the dogs are pretty cute, too, all dressed up for Christmas. I took a picture of the pit bull group because I knew Jarrod would like that.


I don't remember there being big balloons in the parades we danced in, but maybe I'm wrong. However, they seem kind of odd in the Raleigh Christmas Parade, because, as you can see, they have to bring them really low to get under the trees and pretty much the entire route is lined with trees.


But of course, I love the dancers! I don't feel that there were that many groups that actually danced the parade back when I did it, but there were a bunch of groups now. I'm upset that I didn't grab a picture of the group I used to dance with (well, different group, but same people), but I wasn't taking pictures at that point. But I snagged one of this cute group in Christmas outfits!


And I also saw my high school which now has a marching band! We didn't when I went there.


And finally, we have Santa to top it all off. I know I don't like celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving, but it was fun to start getting into Christmas mode a little early. Some radio stations have already started exclusively playing Christmas music, which I am not OK with, but I don't mind getting revved up a little. But now, I'm excited to be just a couple of days off from a great Thanksgiving holiday and finally the time to get decorating for Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.