Friday, June 17, 2011

Bacheloretting

Well here we are hardly a week before my sister's wedding. It's been a crazy couple of months with everything going on with this. I think I've been busier with this wedding than I was with my own. Is that normal? Perhaps it is, sometimes. But if there's anyone in the world that I want to make feel special on her wedding day, it's my big sis.

My sister is one of the sweetest, kindest people you'll ever meet and she'll do anything for you. If there's ever anyone I know I can call in the middle of the night and she'll be there to help me out, it's Beka. She was so great throughout all of my wedding planning, (which is perhaps why I didn't feel as busy... she took care of all of it!) and made sure that I had everything I wanted without all of the stress. I've done my best to be the same for her, but there's no way I could ever do that, but I've tried to make each step special.

A couple of weeks ago, Beka's future sister-in-law and I threw a shower for her and her fiance. It was a beautiful day and we grilled out and it was fabulous. (Plus, I had a great time hanging out with Beka's 9-week-old soon-to-be nephew!) Then this past weekend, we planned a Bachelorette weekend for Beka (and 13 others) in Asheville. It was magical, we rented a place in the woods that had a firepit and hot tub. We ate lots of good food... and drank lots of good wine... and explored Asheville a little. In the evening we went out to some local bars/nightclubs, and although it took us half of the night to find a good place, I think everyone had a great time wandering around the town. (There are some pictures involving a pig that I'm not allowed to show that can attest to that!)

But the best part about the weekend was just the time spent together. I don't know a lot of Beka's friends too well, so it was nice to get to know all of them a little more. It was nice to just get away and have some girl-time. Not all of the conversations were pleasant. Some were downright painful. But I feel that those involved left understanding each other a little better and having formed a deeper relationship.

I know there were some moments that were difficult (what do you expect when you've got 14 women in one place??) and unpleasant, but I really hope my sister felt special and realized how much everyone loves her... even if it wasn't always apparent.

So, Beka, I love you and I'm so happy for you and hope you've felt as special and you made me feel. I can't wait to stand next to you on your big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.