Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June

I absolutely cannot believe that it's June 1st. The past month has flown by, but it's been a good one. So I took the past month or so off from blogging because, as I said before, I've been enjoying some much needed time with my husband. For the first time since before we've been married, we've had some time to enjoy being together and being lazy! When we just had weekends together, our time was so jam-packed with everything we needed to get done and spending time with our friends who we hadn't seen much, that there was no time to just relax and be together. So that's what we did last month. But now, it's time to get back into it and get moving. It's going to be a busy, busy month ahead, so it's going to take some discipline. I've got some catching up to do as well since there's a thing or two from last month that I'd like to share.

 
I'm excited that the summer is finally here... not officially, but with the past couple of weeks of 90-something-degree weather, it might as well be. I love the heat. I'd prefer it to stay in the 70s rather than the 90s, but I still think it's better than the cold winter. Jarrod would disagree with me, especially since our house has been so hot this past week and our AC working overtime, when I really don't even have it set very low.

 
But summer is the time for the beach/pool, grilling, gardening and home projects, and we've taken care of all of those... or at least have plans to do so. We've been grilling like crazy this past week or so. Steaks, burgers, chicken, salmon. It's the best! And Jarrod is awesome with the grill, so it's always delicious.

 
We are just wrapping up on a painting project in the main area of our house, and it looks great. Makes the house feel much more "homey" and warm. We've just got to finish up a little of the trim work and we'll be done. We've got some other plans, but I'll update on those as they come.

 
This month is my sister's wedding, which is just 24 days away now and there are so many things going on! Seriously, we've got a shower coming up this weekend, the bachelorette party the following, then all the little details in between there and the actual wedding date. But I'm looking forward to all of it and can't wait for the big day!

 
  • So that's the major goal for this month is taking care of everything involved in that.
    • host a fabulous bachelorette weekend extravaganza!
    • write a great toast
    • stand next to the best big sister ever as she marries a great guy
    • there are a million of other things, but I won't list them all here
  • Find a good balance between spending time with the hubby, getting enough sleep and making time for writing.

 
And from last month...

 
  • Start taking family walks now that Jarrod is off early enough. WE'VE STARTED, BUT NEED TO MAKE IT A HABIT.
  • Complete a house project. CHECK!
  • Host a Mother's Day cookout for the whole family. CHECK! 
  • Get prepared for my sister's wedding, this includes getting some sun at the pool, cutting out the junk food (I'm way too much of a muncher) and finishing up plans for the bachelorette weekend. CHECK! (at least for the most part)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.