Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blogging and a Birthday

Well, I've been saying lately how busy it's been and how I haven't had much time to write, and all of the sudden this morning I realized how much I've missed it! I'm sitting here and I have the feeling like I forgot something and I realized, it's my writing.

Writing is very cathartic to me. I have a tendency to bottle things up and not talk about it, but sitting down and writing gives me the opportunity to express my feelings and let things out. I think I've been kind of stuffed up lately and it's giving me a headache, so I need to start getting things out. I'm making a mid-month goal for myself today: to write a post everyday for the next 7 days. I'm not sure if I'll stick to that or not, but we're going to give it a shot.

And there are so many things that have been going on lately that I can share! Just to name a few... I just spent a wonderful weekend in Asheville with my sister for her bachelorette. Her wedding is now 10 days away! I've decided to make a couple lifestyle changes recently. And finally, and where we'll land today, it's Rylie's first birthday.

You first met Rylie last September when Jarrod and I brought her home from the SPCA. Well 9 months later she's doubled in size and she's just as much a pain in the behind! But she's my sweetheart and keeps me on top of my cleaning and makes our little twosome a family. Hopefully now that we've made it to the 1-year mark, she'll start to grow out of some of her puppy-ways and become the well-behaved dog I know is in there... somewhere.

Jarrod and I will celebrate by sharing a delicious meal this evening in her honor. Sorry, Rylie, no people food for you. We tried giving her a special treat on Christmas (and by "we," I mean Jarrod. I was against it from the beginning) and the poor dear spent the afternoon throwing-up in the yard.

So Happy Birthday, Sweetie. (Don't piss me off today!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.