Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Florida Family

Well, I didn't quite make it on my posting everyday, but that's OK. I had a very full day yesterday, between work and then meeting up with the Lindsey clan at the mall to shop for my little sis, who I haven't seen in over a month because she's been off gallivanting around the Caribbean (and getting school credit for it!)

It's nice having the whole family here. Sometimes you get so busy with day-to-day life that you miss out on opportunities to hang out with your family, so I'm appreciative to have this time with everyone. Plus, my awesome cousins are in town from Florida, so that makes it even more fun.

Karen is beautiful and awesome. She's someone I really admire and is such a wonderful mother. She's also great to talk to over a glass (or 3...) of wine or a margarita!

Mariah is growing up so fast! She's headed off to high school after the summer, but I still remember dressing her up in our old dance costumes when she was like 3. She's grown into a beautiful young woman.

Taylor is my guy. He is so much fun to be around, even when he sucks Jarrod into some zombie-shooting PlayStation game. He actually spent the night with us the other night and we watched "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and the next morning he helped Jarrod hang a new ceiling fan in our office. He's so handy!

And Katherine is such a cutie. She's always wears the most fun, colorful outfits with a fabulous headband or flower in her hair. She's pretty quiet when you first meet her, but not for long.

So seriously, it's pretty much my favorite time of the year whenever they come to town. If you remember, Jarrod and I made a trip to see them in March. Here's my post from that trip. We'd like to make that an annual trip, because seeing each other only once a year is simply unacceptable. (We're working on convincing them to move to Raleigh!)

1 comment:

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.