Friday, October 28, 2011

Empty house

So my guy just left me... for a whole week. He's heading up to Smith's Falls, Canada to go duck hunting with a couple of his buddies. This is Jarrod's biggest hobby and definitely where he spends most of his money... and most of his time during the fall and winter.

It's been a long time since we've been apart for this long. He actually took this same trip back in 2007. Then of course there was my stint in Myrtle Beach where we only saw each other about every other weekend for the better part of a year. But the last time I think we spent more than a day or two apart was probably when he went on a cruise with his family, which I think was in the spring of 2009. So I'm not prepared for this at all.

At least I was able to work it out that I had today off from work so I could see him off this morning and we could have breakfast together. But now the house seems so empty when I think that it's just me and the dog for the next eight days. I've been working hard to book myself up over the next week, so I don't notice it quite so much. I am sad that he won't be here for Halloween. Guess it's just me and the trick-or-treaters.

So I'm hoping to make the most of the situation and get some of those things done that you don't always get done with someone else around... like read before bed or spend time with the girls. I've also got an engagement party coming up soon that I'll definitely use this week to get some planning done.

But for now, I don't like the empty house. Maybe going shopping will help...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.