Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ready to start

Today is my first day of my new meds. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous. But just the sort of nervous you get when you're starting something new like this. I'm actually very ready to dive into something new.
 
I've been dealing with the same issues for so long that any hope of relief is a big deal right now.
 
What really makes me nervous is the fact that this is pretty much my last medical option out there. I've gone through so many other treatments that haven't worked and, at least for the time being, this is my last resort. That's why I'm really trusting that God will use this as the right option for me. But that's a hard thing to do. I'm doing my best to keep my faith alive and know that it's in His hands.
 
I also am keeping in mind that these meds don't often make everything better overnight. My doctor told me that it usually takes about 3 times before most start noticing a difference. That's 2 months from now. Of course, sometimes you may notice a difference right away, but I don't want to get discouraged if I'm not feeling great within a couple of days.
 
It's a lot to wrap your mind around. I think above all, I'm just ready to get things rolling. I'm glad that my issues over the past couple of weeks haven't pushed this back even further. It's time for a change and I'm trusting that this is the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.