Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Not what I had planned

When I said I had planned to focus on me and getting back on track, I hadn't meant that I was going to neglect my blog, but unfortunately, life likes to get in the way sometimes.
 
I've had a rough couple here. I told you in my last post that I had been feeling a little under-the-weather following my colonoscopy, and honestly, things continued to go downhill from there.
 
I spent 2 weeks being very nauseous and dehydrated and basically just worn down... to the point where it was hard to get out of bed in the morning. I made it to 3 days of work out of 10 and one of those I had to have Jarrod come pick me up because my head was spinning so badly that I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it home. I ended up checking myself into the ER and spending a night at UNC Hospital.
 
Turns out I had an infection that was causing some other problems, so they pumped me full of antibiotics and fluids and I've been feeling much better ever since. However, it did remind me how horrible it is to stay in the hospital. It's uncomfortable, loud, smelly, there are constantly people in and out of your room disrupting you, and to top it all off, I had a shared room. When you're vulnerable and spending time in the hospital, the last thing you want is someone you don't know staring you down across the room.
 
But like I said, I'm doing much better now, trying to take it easy and get some rest. And I just realized, I hadn't mentioned that I start my new medication tomorrow! I'm really excited about the possibilities here. I'm looking forward to getting things rolling. I'll get into it a little more tomorrow. For now, back to the grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.