Sunday, October 30, 2011

My spooky setup

I've said before how I love any excuse to decorate and rearrange my house. That's part of why I love this time of year. Between fall, Halloween and Christmas, my house gets a brand new look every month!

And of course, decorating for Halloween is one of the most fun. I love fantasy and make-believe and Halloween to me is just another excuse to get to be a kid again. One of these days I want to have one of those crazy, extreme Halloween houses, with lights and smoke and sound effects and graveyards and tons of spider webs and on and on and on. But this may have to be something I do waaay in the future. Mainly because, I don't think we have the ideal house for something like that. While we've only have one Halloween here, from what I remember from last year, we didn't have a whole lot of older kids trick-or-treating. It was mostly the real little ones with their parents who wouldn't really appreciate a big display. Also, our house is on the street that leads up to the main road and we're only a few houses from the end. Even though we had a decent number of kids come by last year, I assume a lot of them probably turn around at the cul de sac down the street. But we'll see what happens in the future, once we have kids and holidays become an even bigger deal than they are now.

For now, I'm happy with my little decorations that I've put up. We've got some cute Halloween decorations outside, including a spider and his giant web and, of course, my little ghosty.


But what I'm really proud of is my Halloween mantle. I gathered lots of ideas from around the internet on Pinterest in order to come up with it.



My cousin and I searched everywhere before finding this fabulous candelabra at T.J. Maxx. That was the one piece I knew I had to have! And I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of my spider display, which I totally just made up and put together myself. Now I have to say, I've never been particularly crafty, but these past couple months I've been obsessed with little craft projects and I'm so pleased with how all of this came out. I even painted the "B" with a homemade crackle solution. Here's a better look at that:


It was my cousin's idea to do the googly "Boo" eyes. I'm very upset that I'm going to have to take everything down after tomorrow. I spent so much time putting together my Halloween display, I have no idea what I'm going to do for my fall mantle, until Christmas. But that's just another reason to redecorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.