Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A change in plans

Well, I feel like it's about time for an update. I've had another rough week, but getting back on track now. I wasn't feeling too great all last week, and it got to the point where I was just uncomfortable all the time. I've also been dealing with relatively severe dehydration and randomly spiking fevers, some pretty high. On Friday, my doctor recommended I check myself into the ER and see where things go from there, but at least I could get some fluids in me and some antibiotics, if necessary. (It really stunk because Jarrod and I were supposed to be headed to the beach for a weekend with my sister/brother-in-law and his sister/husband/baby!)

So I took myself over there after I got off from work on Friday, and about 12 hours later, several bags of fluids and a million different doctors' opinions, they ended up admitting me to the hospital. Due to some infections they found in my blood, they actually admitted me to the MPCU, which is apparently the in-between of normal admission and the ICU. It's closer monitored and they have you constantly hooked up to a heart monitor. And that's how I spent my weekend. Talking to lots more doctors and getting my system flushed out.

I was able to check out Sunday evening, which was nice, since they were considering keeping me there another day. However, it was a much more pleasant stay than my one back in October. But since leaving I've been keeping up with a nice little regiment of meds and have definitely been feeling better. I'm still feeling a little on the "down" side, but I'm confident that I'll continue to improve. I have my next infusion next week and I'll be glad to see what happens from there.

For now, I'm trying to take it easy and not over-exert myself... not the easiest task this time of year. At least I already had taken Monday and Tuesday off from work this week, so today's actually my first day back. Just taking it a day at a time.

And can I brag on my husband just a little bit? He was so amazing this weekend and stayed with me both nights in the most uncomfortable chair ever! And he got me food when the hospital stuff just wasn't cutting it and was there with me through it all. He really made a difficult time a little less difficult. Love you, baby.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Glad your man was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, Just want you to know that your taste in men is pretty awesome. I am so pleased to know that Jarrod was there with you overnight both nights. He is a winner and I am so proud of him and you. Remember, Jer.29:11 applies to both of you. God has awesome plans for you guys and all these things that the devil means for evil God will bring about for your good.
    123!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.