Friday, December 2, 2011

Merry December!


Oh a day behind on December but that's alright with me. I was hoping to write a lot more over the past week, but it hasn't been the easiest week for me. I've been dealing with a whole bunch of not feeling great. I've been doing my best to suck it up and keep on with my life, but yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks and I ended up leaving work early and sleeping for most of the afternoon.

It helped. I am feeling better today. Albeit, not great, but better. Jarrod and I are supposed to head to the beach today with my sister and Nate and his sister, Lise, and her husband, Matt, and their precious baby Jordan, but at this point, I'm still unsure whether or not we'll be able to make it. I'm taking it an hour at a time right now.

But I don't want to be a downer at the start of this beautiful month! Jarrod hates it, but I've been very much OK with the warmer temperatures so far. Especially considering that last year it snowed the first weekend of December. It was a little odd, however, putting up Christmas decorations in 60-degree weather.

As you can see, we have the tree up, which I love! We found a much better set up this year that actually seemed to give us more room, rather than less. We've decorated the outside with lights and wreaths and I'm still working on some of my indoor decorations, but that's another post for another day.

Looking ahead this month... there's so much going on. My beautiful cousin is performing in the Nutcracker, there are Christmas parties to attend and, of course, Christmas itself! But a big thing going on this month in my life is my 3rd round of the new meds. That's supposed to be the time when you know if it's working or not. And at this point, I'm not feeling that it is, and that scares me. So I'm a little anxious for that appointment in about two weeks and the follow up appointment with my doctor the week after that. I'm feeling the pressure this month.


As for my goals, I have not wanted to get to this part because I feel that I did pretty lousy this month. But I think I'm keeping the same goals and focusing on getting better and preparing for Christmas.

Health Goals
-I realized this morning (not for the first time) how tense I am pretty much all the time. I want to get up some sort of stretching regiment. That's always so hard to start, but healthwise, I think it's necessary for me. Need to drill that into my head! NOPE
-Also, I've fallen out of the habit of taking some OTC meds that I really need to be taking. Need to start that up again. NOPE

Personal Goals
-Party Planning! And, of course, actually throwing a fabulous engagement party!
-Read! ...something! I should probably pick this out by the beginning of the month. That way I'm probably more likely to stick to it. I'll try to figure something out today. EH, I DID SOME READING, BUT NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND.
-Help put on a great Thanksgiving dinner with both of my families.
-Finish Christmas shopping. Doable? I have no idea. OK, I DIDN'T QUITE "FINISH" BUT I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED, WHICH WAS THE MAJORITY OF IT.
-Decorate for Christmas!! (After Thanksgiving, of course)

3 comments:

  1. I really love the "stretching regimen" idea. Might have to steal that one. I am too tense as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    I just want to let you know how much you are loved by us McCaffreys. I do understand some of the "tension" that goes with not feeling our best. Especially when we feel challenged with what our Dr.'s do, what medicine will do and such I am realizing for my first time how much my faith means. Then I think of you and the miracle. Your Mom, my Sister and your Dad has been such a great encouragement. Their faith has lifted me and helped immensely. We are lifting you in prayer daily that your condition will be totally overcome by Gods mercy. I am so happy for you and Jarrod and your new life. We would love to see some of you. Two weeks today I have surgery and the Lord will see this through.I know. God Bless you my darling. I Love you.
    Uncle Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Uncle Doug. I really appreciate your prayers and you're in mine as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.