Friday, December 16, 2011

Where are you, Christmas?

Here we are, less than 10 days away from Christmas, but... it doesn't quite feel like Christmas. I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I've been dealing with health issues this year... or perhaps because it's been so warm this year... but I just don't quite feel in the Christmas mood.

This is very strange for me because I am a Christmas fanatic! My husband calls me Mrs. Claus because he says he doesn't know anyone else who gets as excited about Christmas as I do. I think it's a magical time where you get to forget about the cares of the world and tap into that childhood innocence and wonder, even if just for a short time each year.

And I've done everything right. We have a beautiful tree set up, I did some fun crafts to decorate the mantle, I've got Christmas-y smelling candles everywhere, lovely lights on the outside of the house, and presents already wrapped under the tree. But I feel a little disconnected when I'm listening to carols or even wrapping those presents. I don't like it. I want to feel the spirit of the holiday.

I'm hoping this final week will be different and the feeling of Christmas will hit me. Come on, Christmas spirit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.