Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Negative!

That's right, I'm celebrating the negative today. I told you a couple of weeks ago about a test I had done that would determine whether or not I am a candidate for a new Crohn's treatment. (A Big Test) Well, I got the results back today and... it was NEGATIVE! (Which is a good thing because it means I'm negative for having this virus that can cause issues.)

I got so excited this afternoon that I literally started crying. All of the other medications I've ever been on have made my Crohn's "tolerable," but not much more than that. If there's even a chance that this one can make a difference then I'm ready to start right now! I do need to have a colonoscopy first (ick!) just to get a baseline for where things stand, so I'm trying to set that up within the next week or two. I'm hoping I can start this sometime next month, but I don't know if it'll be that quick. But I'll keep you posted on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.