Saturday, September 24, 2011

Operation: Fall Decorating

Fall decorating is under way! As part of my usual Saturday morning house cleaning, I went ahead and switched out some of my normal house decor for some more fall inspired pieces.

I added in a couple of orange pillows. My sister and cousin kept telling me that I need to add more color to my house. I tend to stick to blues and greens. See my thing is this, I'm not a designer and I don't have a designer eye, so I tend to stick to what I know and try to keep a color theme constant throughout the house. But then a designer comes in and can see where I can add in accents and those other elements that us normal folk don't always think about. So they were telling me that adding in some coral and orange would be a good compliment. I was a little hesitant, but I took their advice and it really does look nice.

I also set up my fall inspired dining table! I've got my new table runner and my gold chargers and my jars set up that I plan to fill with candy - as soon as I get to the store and buy some!

I love this time of year when I have an excuse to redecorate. Eight months of the year the house is set up one way and then there are four months of fall and Halloween and Christmas to decorate again! I've had fun getting things rolling this year and I can't wait to continue setting things up over the coming weeks.

Here's what I've done so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.