Thursday, September 29, 2011

What a month!

Wow, I almost can't believe I did it. I posted the same number of blog posts in 1 month as I did in 5 months last year. Although, 19 posts doesn't sound like that many. I remember when my friend Nancy Ray did 100 posts in 100 days. Now that's some intense blogging! But still, making sure I stayed on top of it this month was a challenge. And as you can see, I just eeked by. No extra posts just for good measure. (Now I may just have to post something tomorrow to throw the whole thing off!)
 
I had to consciously think about it every day and say to myself, "Ok, I posted yesterday, so if I don't post anything today, then I have to tomorrow," and so on. Staying on top of a job with crazy hours, trying to have a life and writing about it is a lot to keep up with. I have a lot of respect for people who do it all and do it all of the time.
 
I would like to continue the trend. However, I think 19 posts a month, at least for the time being, is a little ambitious. I'll probably stick to the 10-15 range. I did like having a goal I had to stick to. It made me write even when I really didn't have anything I felt like writing about (i.e. This post is not about anything). But I'm proud of myself and hope to continue to grow over the coming months... even though I know they're going to start getting very busy with the holidays coming! And who knows, maybe I'll be able to get working on the "project" I talked about a couple of months back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit down, stay a while. I'd love to hear from you.